Having been led by the Spirit of God, I have received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord. I have, according to the Scriptures (John 1:12) been born again through the Holy Spirit and have publicly confessed my faith by word (Rom. 10:8-9) and in Baptism (Rom. 6:3-5). I subscribe to the Doctrinal Statement of my Church and do now enter into covenant with other members of this Church as one body in Christ (1 Cor. 12:13). I promise by the aid of my Savior (Phil. 2:13)
- To walk lovingly (John 13:34-35) and humbly with my brethren (1 Peter 5:6); to pray for them (James 5:16); to separate myself from worldliness and unchristian practices (Titus 2:12);
- To pray (James 1:5-6) for the advancement of my church in knowledge, spirituality, and fruitfulness (John 15:8,16); to uphold its program of worship, training, and teaching; to observe its ordinances (Matt. 28:19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-27); and affirm its doctrines (I Peter 3:15; Jude 3);
- To give regularly and cheerfully, as God prospers, for the support of an evangelistic ministry among us (2 Cor. 9:7; 1 Cor. 16:2); for the relief of the needy (Mark 14:7; Prov. 19:7); and for the spread of the gospel over the earth (Matt. 28:19-20);
- To serve faithfully in some activity of the church (James 1:22-24; 2:18); taking care to assume only such duties as can be effectively performed (1 Cor. 4:2); to improve my abilities in service by prayerful study of God’s Word (2 Tim. 2:15);
- To maintain family worship, encourage family prayer, Bible study and Christian nurture for any under my care (Eph. 6:4; Prov. 22:6);
- To endeavor by example (Matt. 5:16) and effort (Matt. 28:19-20) to win souls to Christ (James 5:20); and to enlist unchurched believers for membership in the church (Acts 2:47);
- To follow the New Testament as my rule of faith and practice (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, “teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.